Thursday, November 06, 2008

Welcome Leo...



Due to a typhoon in the region of the PI where Mark Anthony lives (Bicol), he was unable to get to Manila and make his flight to the US. We were so disheartened about it, but fortunately he is safe and sound. We were asked by the ICA Staff to host another child, Leo. He just turned 12 years old. Of course, we agreed.

A set of 3 sisters were also unable to make it because their visas and passports were not completed in time. However, the other 14 orphans made it here safe and sound. They are all so adorable...when I saw Leo for the first time, I cried.

Leo is shy, but opening up. He is very curious about everything and loves our dogs. He and Maile are getting along great...she is very accomadating and attentive. He seems to be kindly putting up with her constant pleas for attention. She likes having a "kuya" in the house. They are very sweet together.

Keep Leo and the rest of the orphans in your prayers. I pray that Mark Anthony will be able to make it here for the upcoming program in April 2009. Oh yes, and please keep Marvin and I in your prayers as well. This will be an interesting month for us...to say the least:0)

Thank you again for your support!

Blessings,
Sherill